Friday, October 12, 2007

LSC137 at SCS

Because the challenge over at SplitCoastStampers touches me today, I decided to complete it right away rather than putting it in the "To Do" pile.

My friend's mother had a mini-stroke a couple weeks ago, and during her follow-up exams, they found she has lung cancer. In addition, they were doing brain surgery this week to investigate a growth on her brain. This woman has been healthy all her life and what is most scary to me is that she is the same age as my own mother. Cancer stories always tear at my heart and I hope things work out for the best.

I used a purple base here, with a yellow panel which I stamped with So Saffron. The flourish is from Rhonna Farrer. The image is stamped with Going Gray and colored with pencils and oms. The edges are sponged with So Saffron. The photo corners are hand cut from scraps. The sentiment is stamped in Gable Green on green cs, then mounted on a strip of purple. Using my cloud scissors, I scalloped the purple strip to look more like ribbon (the challenge was NO ribbon, dp or hardware!). Thanks for looking!

No comments: