Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hi, I Have to Confess...

ETA: I changed the title of this post because some search bot is screwing up my stats.
...I am a Paperholic.

Seriously, 2 days and FIVE craft stores later, I have more paper in my stash! Ok, so some of it is for a swap I'm making cards for. But the other pieces, they were just pretty. I go to the craft store and just stand in the paper aisle, mind awhirl with all the things that could be done with the gorgeous prints! I can never leave without a few sheets under my arm... Am I alone in this addiction? I don't think I am, or there wouldn't be an entire blogosphere of papercrafters :)

My creations for today were challenge to me. First, I completed a Criss-cross card. What fun! If you have never tried this, check out this tutorial on SCS. If I didn't have 75 Christmas cards to send out, this might be my card of the season. Maybe a select few will get these... I started with hunter green card stock. The pp is Provo Craft Holiday Slab V. The insert base and the band are The Paper Company Glacial Blue cs. Insert is layered with white cs. The sentiment stamps are Everyday Flexible Phrases (perhaps I should have broken out the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the words better. The Tree and snowflakes on the tab (barely visible) and insert are from Shapes and Shadows, stamped in Handsome Hunter and silver and Brilliance Moonlight White. I used my glitter pen to detail the trees. Ribbon is craft store stock white grosgrain.
I will not go to the craft store tomorrow, I will not go to the craft store tomorrow, I will not go to the craft store tomorrow. But I WILL stay home and play with all my new stuff! Maybe even organize my papers...
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Crop Junkie said...

I am a scrapper just recently new to card making/stamping. I am hooked and loving it. I too am a Paperholic. I made a vow last week to use up the paper I have and only buy a page if I need it to complete a project. All was good until I went grocery shopping at Costco and bought two packages (300 & 350) of assorted patterned paper.

I love the Criss-cross card. I have used it a few times. I also found a tutorial on Julie's site (Paper Pleasing Ideas) for an altered c-c card. It is so easy to do. Check it out. Sorry I have not learned how to insert blogs etc. yet....soon though.