Friday, September 28, 2007

Merry Christmas?

Here's another Christmas card I made in my quest to find a

design for this year. The base is a red card stock that I picked up at Target on clearance last year. I have a lot of it, so whatever design I choose I think it will have a red base! The dp is from the Provo Craft Holiday Slab V. The green is from that same pack. Stamps are from Loads of Love and All Year Cheer I. I used the star from Fabulous Flourishes and embossed it with gold. Snow on the tree is white marker, the snow swirls are from Fabulous Flourishes also. Ink is versamark for the tree and Cranberry for the sentiment. The embellishments are simple red eyelets.

I think I like this card, but I also feel there's too much blank space between the patterned bits. I'll let it sit for a few days and then take another look. Often I have to just walk away and re-evaluate another time. Or look at the photo!


Either way, I will have to decide on a design soon since I signed up for my first swap. Stampin' Soldier Laura is having a Christmas card swap. There might be time to sign up still.


Have a good weekend! Thanks for looking!




No comments: