Tuesday, September 25, 2007

2 Down, 3 to Go...


...Birthdays to celebrate this week, that is. Seriously, September is busy for me with birthday cards to make and celebrations to attend. October doesn't look much quieter! I will carve out some time for apple picking this weekend, though. I'll have to get some pies baked before we tear out the kitchen :)


Tomorrow is my good friend's birthday. We got together tonight for Mexican food (YUM!) and ice cream. This is the card I made for her. The colors don't show as well as I would like, because the sun was setting when I took the photo. The base is 5x5 blue square, and the dp is Paper Heart - Baby Pink Scrolls. The stripes are from a CTMH paper pack, I believe. I scalloped the bottom edge using my rounded corner punch. Magic wand stamp is from Hambo, which I have come to love and will have to visit again soon. It is on a scrap from the card trimmings and mounted on a pink scrap. I stamped it with Versamark and embossed with holographic powder, then filled in with a glitter pen. The sentiment is from the $1 bin at Michael's and is stamped in Basic Black on the blue paper, cut and mounted on pop dots. The blue row of scallops is done again with rounded corner punch, then punched out in the center of each scallop with my small hole punch.
This card was a struggle in that I combined patterns (SO simple for others, it makes me cross-eyed!) I am very happy with the end result, though and so was my friend.
Tomorrow night I hope to play with my new stuff - finally a mega scallop oval punch! And some fantastic DCWV Metallic Stack Cardstock! I'll have another b-day card to post using them. Meanwhile, Thanks for looking!

No comments: