Monday, September 3, 2007

Fall is here...



Since Labor Day is officially past, I feel like I can start stamping for Fall. It is my favorite season. Apple picking, cool, crisp air, baking. Each Fall is like a new start for me. Maybe it's from all those years of schooling!




This card is a favorite of my creations. I used a great rust cs base, and beautiful patterned paper from Frances Meyer called East India. The maple leaf is from SU! Tags & More, stamped on a scrap that I chalked to match the patterned paper. The same technique was used on the diamond scraps for the oak leaf, from Year Round Cheer. The leaf panels are all layered on more of the rust cs. Using Brushstroke Alphabet, I freehanded the sentiment. I think the only ink color used is Really Rust.


While working in my new space this weekend, I stumbled on a solution to a problem I've been having with my cards. I have been using the cheap-o packaged blank cards from the craft store. Problem is that the size is 5x7, which leaves the scale of the images out of whack. I think the reason I like this fall card so much is that I cut the base card myself and the layout works much better in the smaller space. So what do I do with all those blank cards? And when will I have time to get to the craft store to stock up on more colors of cardstock?


My husband is heading out of town again for the week, so I am hoping to have some stamping time when my son goes to bed at night. I will take some pics of the new stamping space, too! Thanks for looking!

No comments: