Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Boy Birthday By Land

Here's another boy birthday card using my standby By Land set by SU! And yes, it's another 5x5 square. I really do have to work with another size card for a while. But I love the symmetry of the simple square...

Here are the details: The base patterned papers are Vroom Vroom by Frances Meyer and a blue plaid check from CTMH. I attached cream satin ribbon to cover the seams. The focal image is the car from By Land and I cut it and mounted it on pop dots for depth. The wheels are also cut and attached with medium silver brads. The Beeps are also cut and attached separately, partly because I had to cover a boo-boo... The car and words are stamped in Ballet Blue, mounted on vanilla, blue and orange. The corners are done with the small circle punch. (At this rate, I won't need my ticket corner punch when it finally arrives!)

I made this card with a birthday in mind, but it could be anything really for a little (or not so little) boy. As you can see, I'm also playing with the layout of my photographs. There are some bloggers I've noticed that accessorize their photos beautifully, so I decided to jazz mine up a little bit.

Well, dinner is done and cleaned up, which means I have more time to stamp tonight! First, a load of laundry to put in the wash, then time for ME! Love it when this happens :)

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Cindy Vernon said...

This is a really cute card. I love how you used the plaid CTMH paper...