Monday, September 17, 2007

The Great Pumpkin!

For this card, I used the CD-for-circle-template I mentioned in the last post. I mounted a mustard textured panel stamped with the oak leaf from Year Round Cheer in More Mustard ink. The "bumps" on the pumpkin are created with the rounded corner punch, and I chalked and sponged the pumpkin using Pumpkin Pie ink and dark brown chalk. The stem is a piece of green scrap. The black panel is a piece of corrugated cs and the sentiment is the mustard cd and the sentiment is from Loads of Love stamped in More Mustard again. I turned the strip over though so that the smooth side shows. It is a 5x5 square card, which
is my new favorite size. I found that I can cut my
pre-made Value Pack 5x7s into a 5x5 square and
have a nice 5x2 strip for gift tags. I will make the tags for our Christmas gifts from the tags cut into 2x2s, or 2x3s. Oh, the possibilities are endless...

The sketch is from Beate's Weekend Sketch #17. This is how long it takes me to get to the challenges! My goal is to do them in the week they are issued. Wish me luck:)

And for your viewing pleasure, the beach the way it was meant to be enjoyed. We went down on Sunday morning and spent a nice, albeit chilly, time playing in the sand and surf. Justin could have played in that giant sandbox all day long!

No comments: