Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Merrybella and Color Challenge


I have officially completed my first SCS color challenge. Granted, a day or so late, but better late than never! The color combo was Purely Pomegranate, Taken with Teal and Always Artichoke. I used the substitution, Rose Red for PP. It was the first one that I had the time and materials to complete and it was so much fun!


Merrybella is a little off-kilter if you look closely. Maybe she had a little too much eggnog. She is colored with pencils and blended with OMS. Glitter was applied to the star, her pompom and her belt. Is it cheating that I used silver for some of the ornaments? I inked the edges with Rose Red and applied some glitter pen around the edge to shimmer it up a bit. The present image is from the Michael's dollar bin, and the sentiment is made from Everyday Flexible Phrases. The linen artichoke paper is from Me and My Big Ideas, but I cut off the name of the pattern. Eyelets are from Making Memories. Can you guess what the teal strip beneath Bella is? A lovely flocked piece from a packet of birth control pills! Can you believe I've been throwing them away and how pretty is it?
Can't wait till next week's color challenge. I keep a notebook of all sketch and color challenges, but now it's time to do them in the week they are distributed. Thanks for looking!

No comments: