Monday, September 24, 2007

Masculine Card - Birthday or Whatever


This Alpine Socks paper just reminds me of something masculine. Maybe it's the color scheme of the paper or the shimmer in the background color. Whatever the appeal, I really like it and was happy to find that I had purchased 2 pieces of it when I needed to make this card.

My boss' birthday is later this week. We work at a library and spend much of our days drinking tea and chatting (yes, lots of work gets done, too!). I stamped the book stack from Hambo onto a scrap of white and colored with my pencils and blended with OMS, then cut it out and mounted it on vanilla. The bottom is sponged with Really Rust ink. I punched the corners using a small circle punch and mounted it on a blue piece with the same corner treatment. The tea cups are from SU! Year Round Cheer and are stamped with Really Rust on vanilla paper, colored with pencils and blended. The center one is cut out and mounted on a pop dot. This strip is mounted on a blue strip and then attached to the Alpine Socks background. The corners are the same technique as the small panel and adorned with brass brads. The whole is mounted on a rust 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch base.
Since there is no sentiment on the front of this card, it could be for any occasion. I did stamp Happy Birthday inside from SU! Favorite Greetings. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Cindy Vernon said...

I love this card, the paper is divine! I have to check out this bookstack from Hambo!